April 8, 2017
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Serving more than 1,000 fathers in the Richmond metro area, this unique father-to-father community-based workshop prepares and equips expectant dads to become confidently engaged with their infants, support their mates, and navigate their transformation into dads.
About Boot Camp for New Dads
Babies don’t come with owners’ manuals. Crying babies, diaper changing, and understanding mom’s emotions are new experiences for first-time fathers. Spend a morning with other first-time dads who provide practical tips and perspectives by bringing their own babies — you will leave confident in your own ability to be a great dad. Topics include:
- Caring for babies, particularly when they are crying
- Caring for moms, particularly when they are crying
- How to change a diaper
- How to function normally on no sleep
- Financing a family
- Navigating a constant barrage of conflicting advice
We offer scholarships if you would like to attend Boot Camp for New Dads but are not able to contribute the $25 suggested donation. Please contact our office at 804-288-3431 and we’ll register you over the phone!
Boot Camp participant comments:
- “Great class! I would definitely recommend this!”
- “I advise this class for all first-time fathers.”
- “I was a little hesitant about coming, but it was totally worth it.”
- “Nice to bond with other dads going through the same thing.”
- “Definitely appreciated that all questions were encouraged.”
- “Having the Vets bring their babies was awesome. Made it all so real. PERFECT!”
- “I feel more confident and comfortable – and I’m coming back as a Vet when my son is born.”
Venue: Memorial Regional - Community Education Rm.
Venue Phone: 804-288-3431
Venue Website: https://bonsecours.com/richmond/find-a-facility/memorial-regional-medical-centerAddress: